Thursday, March 21, 2013

Etsy Shop Feature: LoveStar 1

Today I'm featuring Jenni, the owner of LoveStar 1 on Etsy. She sells adorable bunting and banners for every occasion! Her shop is approaching it's 2nd anniversary and she has a great selection available. You can choose from shapes, holiday themes, and even word banners. I love her "Mr. and Mrs. wedding banner pictured below! Make sure to click on the images throughout her interview to be taken to the individual listings! 


1. Tell me a little about yourself! What are your hobbies, etc?
I live in Central Florida with a man I am deeply in love with. We go to concerts, amusement parks, and camping.
2. Tell me about your Etsy shop. How did you get started in your craft and what made you decide to sell on Etsy? Do you sell anywhere else?
My shop started after I made these banners for our home and was already pretty obsessed with scrapbook paper. It was a perfect choice for the need I felt to craft and be creative. I had been shopping on Etsy and knew it was where I belonged. I have never sold anywhere else.
3. What is your favorite thing to create? Where do you get your inspiration? Do you have a favorite listing in your shop?
My favorite thing to create is a custom order with specific colors to match. I must say, I am pretty good at finding colors that match the photos my customers send me. I get inspiration from new color combinations and beautiful paper. 
This is one of my favorite listings.
4. How has your business evolved since you first started out?
When I first started my photos were terrible, prices were way too low, and my packaging was unfinished-looking. I also didn't open my account with a good shop name. That's something I might change in the near future.
5. What tips do you have for others interested in opening an Etsy shop or starting a small business?
Start with a specific look and branding. Create a uniform shop, packaging, business cards, and website.


6. How do you see your business growing in the future?
I see my shop growing in number of items and sales every day. I hope to offer as many options to the customers as possible. The possibilities of colors and styles are endless and I love exploring the options.

Follow these links to learn more about Jenni and LoveStar 1!

3 comments :

  1. Interesting post: thanks for sharing - loved the bunnies banner!

    Isobel: www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete