Monday, February 18, 2013

Birchbox Review: FEBRUARY


If you've never heard of Birchbox, here's a quick explanation. After signing up (for $10 a month), you receive a box of fabulous samples every month in a cute pink box! The samples are a surprise each month, but tailored to your interests since you fill out a survey when you sign up! Subscriptions to Birchbox also make great gifts.


Here's what I found inside my February Birchbox! The theme this month was "Red Carpet Ready"

Now, on to the reviews!

1. Beauty Protector: Protect & Detangle

"Great for all hair types, this nourishing elixer performs seven hair-healing functions. Among them: locking in color, adding shine, and instantly detangling." 

I found this to be a pretty standard detangler. I didn't notice very much added shine after using it, although it did make my hair really soft after blow drying. This sample is really large... which is always great! The full size bottle is only $21.95 so it's not that much of a splurge either.

2. Color Club: Nail polish in Wild Cactus

"Shoo away winter blues with this on-trend emerald polish."
Definitely my favorite sample this month! I love getting nail polish in my Birchbox. The color doesn't show up great in the photo (I think the pink tissue paper threw my colors off a little bit). But it's a deep emerald color (the Pantone color of the year!). It's fun but still professional enough for me to wear in the hospital!

3. Dr. Jart+ : Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

"From the brand that brought BB creams to the U.S., this gold standard formulation has mineral SPF 25 and a satiny, matte finish.

This is a pretty good moisturizer. Not oily and absorbs into your skin really well. I don't know that I'd buy the full size cream for $36 though.

4. Juicy Couture: Couture La La

"Roll out the red carpet for this new scent, a stunning mix of mandarin, red currant, lily, and orange blossom."

I really ended up liking this perfume! And I rarely change perfumes (I've been using Clinique Happy in Bloom for years). It was a little strong at first but had a nice floral scent that lasted throughout the day. I would definitely consider buying the full size!

5. Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel Square

"Try this treat solo or expierment - s'mores or baked into a cookie. Who says you can't riff on decadence?"

Chocolate and caramel - you won't hear me complaining about this being included in my Birchbox!

So, do any of y'all subscribe to Birchbox? 
Anyone tried any of these products before?
Let me know in the comments! 


No comments :

Post a Comment