Sunday, December 9, 2012

Liebster Award!


What a great surprise I got today! Kelly from Blart (the blog about art... and other stuff) nominated my blog for a Liebster award! How awesome is that?!


So what is the Liebster award?
Bloggers nominate other bloggers with 200 or less followers. Liebster means "favorite" in German so everyone can promote their favorite blogs... or maybe find a new one! If you are nominated, you just have to follow the rules (below!) and nominate 11 more people to keep the fun going!

Liebster Award

Rules for nominees:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

11 Facts About Me:
1. I married my high school sweetheart (1 and a half years ago!)
2. I have a degree in Molecular & Cell Biology 
3. I never want to leave Texas!
4. The Walking Dead is my very favorite TV show
5. I'm going to Las Vegas for New Years... super excited!
6. I love running my Etsy shop and log in WAY more times a day than I should! ;)
7. I think Pinterest is the greatest thing ever - so many DIY projects, so little time!
8. The Gap is my favorite place to shop
9. I'm about to finish up my preclinical classes for medical school and start clinics in January!
10. I have two little sisters - Emily and Hailey - they are awesome!
11. I made Christmas cards this year for my husband and myself, my parents, AND my inlaws!


Questions from Kelly at Blart:

1. Where do you live? 
Houston, Texas
credit
2. How much time do you spend blogging? 
Not as much as I'd like! I try to post at least 3-4 times a week though, and to never forget Freebie Friday!!

3. If you could pick one thing to eat as much as you want and not gain weight what would it be? Cupcakes - we have this great little cupcake shop in Houston that sells mini cupcakes in all kinds of flavors. I try to stay away but it's hard!
credit

4. What is your biggest dream? 
To finish medical school and be a small town pediatrician... with a big family!
credit

5. What is something not many people know about you?
My mom used to take my sisters and me antique shopping all the time. To help us enjoy it more, she let each of us start collecting something . That way we'd search around for our treasures instead of begging to leave! I collected antique bride and groom cake toppers!
credit

6. What is your favorite movie? 
Gone with the Wind
credit

7. What was the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
Not funny, but it was really coincidental and strange! A customer recently ordered from my Etsy shop who also lived in the same small town I grew up in - it's a small world!

8. Do you have any pets?
Two! Bonnie is a Yorkie; she's four and adorable! Pye is a cat; she's two and quite a character! Here they are smiling for the camera! :)

9. What is your favorite hobby?
Reading! I love Jodi Picoult books. My favorite is "My Sister's Keeper"
credit

10. Type the first word that comes to your mind
Genetics (I have a test over it tomorrow! Wish me luck!)
credit

11. What is your favorite number and why?
3 - not sure! It always just seemed like a good number of anything - not too much and not too little!

And the new nominees (in no particular order)...!
11. Emma Wood Romances!

11 Questions for my nominees:
1. Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
2. Where do you live?
3. Do you have any pets?
4. What book are you reading right now?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. What is your favorite thing to do in your hometown/city?
7. What is your favorite hobby?
8. Who is your biggest hero?
9. What is your biggest accomplishment?
10. What can you absolutely not leave the house without?
11. What is your favorite day of the week?

15 comments :

  1. Hi from your newest follower! I found you at the Meet & Greet blog hop at Created by Laurie.
    http://violetsbuds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! I'm going to go check out your blog right now! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no I just wanted to nominate your for it as well :) I´m German and think your blog really deserves it. Love always to read the answers to the questions cause it gives me a great view about the blogger behind :) Hope you visit me and may like my blog about me and male fashion :) XOXO

    www.look-scout.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so thoughtful of you! Thank you so much for thinking of me! I'm going to go check out your blog right now! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for thinking of me.I also love the movie Gone with the wind.I enjoyed reading about you,thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you incorporated pictures in your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I had to squeeze in pictures of my sweet pets somehow! ;)

      Delete
  5. Thanks a lot, Ashley. :D Haha your mom sounds like quite an awesome lady. I love that idea.

    I'm not sure I really have eleven bloggers to nominate. I think I only read about five blogs regularly. Haha. :P Got to have time for books. :) But maybe I'll do a shortened version in response, with some I like.

    Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Kait!

      And I know... wasn't that a smart idea my mom had? I have two little sisters - one collected bells and the other collected butter pat dishes!

      Delete
  6. Bonnie and Pye are both so cute!
    Thanks for nominating me in this =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're pretty darn cute myself! :)

      And you are very welcome!

      Delete
  7. Wow a degree in Molecular & Cell Biology?! I took APl and APll in college and it almost killed me. My brain just doesn't work that way so I am super impressed!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/companyfortytwo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way about history classes! So glad I never have to take another one!

      Thanks for stopping by, Shelly!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the nomination! I just finished my post if you'd like to check it out. :) http://teachprayloveadventures.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html
    Have a Great Weekend!
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete