Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Decorating in our Apartment!

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and that means it's time for one of my most favorite activities!

Christmas decorating!

Our apartment is officially decked out for the season! So much so that my husband said it was starting to look like "a forest"! What can I say... I'm a sucker for cute Christmas stuff! Here are some of my favorites!

Christmas tree and Hallmark ornaments
First... and most importantly, our Christmas tree!
I got this tree on sale the January before we were married at Hobby Lobby and I remind Daniel what a steal it was each year when we put it up, too! 
But the ornaments are my favorite part. My mom had a tradition of taking my sisters and me to buy one nice ornament a piece each Christmas. She always told us this was because her and my dad had no ornaments when they first got married and their Christmas tree was totally bare! So when I got married, I already had tons of ornaments to fill my tree.
The top ornament is a really cute one! It's a silver plated Bible that opens up to reveal a nativity scene. The middle is a woodland themed Santa; and the bottom one was my ornament I "picked out" when I was 2 years old, of Mr. and Mrs. Claus dancing!

Here you can see one of my favorite nutcrackers (I have a lot of them!). I love the miniature nutcrackers he has hanging from his sign!
Our tree topper is made of vintage sheet music, covered in German glitter (the kind that isn't too very sparkly and looks nice and antiqued). The bird is covered with the same glitter (my mom always says everyone needs bird ornaments on their tree!).

Christmas decorations - countdown, nutcrackers, PrintableWisdom 12 days of Christmas printable
Here are a few odds and ends - and a couple (well, six) more nutcrackers!
I love this magnetic Christmas countdown - it looks just like a cookie sheet! I got this last year at Hallmark. 
My 12 days of Christmas printable (found in my Etsy shop) goes perfectly in our spare room... or the "room of all colors" since we kind of have a rainbow of color themes going on in there!

Here are our two nativity sets. My awesome mother-in-law and sister-in-law just gave us the top one (by Willow Tree) this weekend (as an early Christmas gift... who doesn't love those!?) when we were home for Thanksgiving. I love the cut out iron barn behind them!
The bottom set I bought a few years ago in a small store back in our home town.

Christmas decorations - picture frame, stockings, wine bottle label
Here are the decorations in our kitchen! Our new apartment doesn't have a fireplace, so I had to improvise and hang our stockings (from Pottery Barn - they have jingle bells and are SO soft!) above the microwave!
This customized wine label (from my Etsy shop) also serves as a cute decoration on our counter!

I hope y'all enjoyed seeing a little bit of my Christmas decoration obsession! I'd love to hear how you're decorating for Christmas in the comments below!

4 comments :

  1. I love your tree topper and the tree looks gorgeous! I also love that countdown. Really great decorations you have. =0)
    I'm following back from Meet & Greet blog hop via GFC and also on Pinterest. Thanks for joining and hope to see you again soon!
    ~Kim
    2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim! The tree topper is probably my favorite, too!

      Delete
  2. It looks very festive! I've been giving my kids ornaments most years for Christmas gifts so that they will have something to start out with too.

    Stopping by from Etsy Blog Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I think so too! And how great that you're doing that! I know I really appreciated having some ornaments with sentimental value once I had my own tree!

      Delete