Friday, November 16, 2012

A peek behind the scenes!

Lately I've had a lot of customers asking me about my process for creating my custom house portraits. These orders are some of my most favorite to create, because each one is SO different from the last, and the whole drawing just takes on a life of it's own at each step in the process!

Here is just a little look at one drawing from beginning to end!

First, I do a rough line drawing based on photos of the house (on my iPad - this app is "Art Rage" - it's great and a LOT of fun!). I love that I can carry my iPad around with me and draw whenever I get some free time (during study breaks!).
Line drawing of house portrait

Then I add in the basic colors for large spaces.
Rough coloring of home portrait

Next, I color in the house, draw in bricks, and other fun details - and try to match it to the photo! On this drawing, I added in a gnome to the front porch at the very end (so cute!).
Home portrait - custom drawing of your home!

Then I import my drawing to my computer, add text... and send it to you to be printed and framed!
PrintableWisdom custom home portrait printable - only $30.00 on Etsy

And here's a look at a few other finished portraits I've drawn for customers!
PrintableWisdom custom home portrait printable - only $30.00 on Etsy

PrintableWisdom custom home portrait printable - only $30.00 on Etsy

PrintableWisdom custom home portrait printable - only $30.00 on Etsy

PrintableWisdom custom home portrait printable - only $30.00 on Etsy


2 comments :

  1. Interesting to see your process. :) Oh and I have to say, I love your blog template.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I love this template too.. I got it from Angie at Angie Makes Websites (on Etsy!).

      Delete